Ok ,wow its been awhile since I have updated my blog. Final exam week was crazy...then I went on a lil tour to visit the fam now I am back. I made this dish new years eve ...kick off the year with a bang lots of spices but so good. I found the recipe of course from allrecipes.com and tweaked it a bit. I served with some Garlic Naan bread and it was Delish!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can of sweet peas (optional)
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.