Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken Parmesan


This was ummm... good. I needed to make something quick and easy the hubbie had to go to halakah so this was perfect. I wasnt too excited with the end result, I hate using a recipe from all recipes and people are all like "OMG this was the best thing since sliced bread". Next thing you know you make it and feel like you wasted your ingredients. My husband really liked it, but i felt it didn't live up to the hype. Next time will use the chicken for Alfredo or something more yummier.The chicken itself was really good, the combination of it with the noodles...umm not so much. Maybe more sauce was needed. Who knows. lol. I used this base recipe from all recipes and changed a few things, I added more garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning to the bread crumb mix. I also salt/pepper the chicken before I added the egg and crumb mix.

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 7 ounces seasoned bread crumbs
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 12 ounces pasta sauce
  • 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Pour beaten eggs into a shallow dish or bowl. In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Dip chicken breasts into beaten egg, then into bread crumb mixture to coat.
  3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add coated chicken and saute for about 8 to 10 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
  4. Pour tomato sauce into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Add chicken, then place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese over each breast, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

1 comment:

UmiGurl said...

I never liked chicken parmesan. I just don't feel like spaghetti sauce and chicken go together.
Speaking of allrecipes.com, I made some oatmeal pudding cookies that were not good. I feel like I wasted my ingredients making them. Wasted ingredients is wasted money and I work waayyy to hard to waste my hard-earned money. I was not pleased with that recipe to say the least!