I've been wanting to make some white chocolate chip cookies for quite awhile now but haven't been able to find macadamia nuts. Instead I found this recipe and I had everything else on hand so I made these. OMG so good and not overly sweet. I also added some candied pecans (Trader Joes gotta luv that store)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened (or butter flavored crisco)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Combine oats, flour, salt, and baking soda; stir into butter mixture one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.