Sunday, January 10, 2010

Edamame...eda what?


Edamame are baby soybeans still in the pod and are so good. I tried them for the first time last week at a place called XS in downtown Baltimore and became instantly hooked. Thanks to the lovely Aidah for putting me on to these. I feel like I have been missing out on these my whole life. They are really easy to make and a great healthy snack. Trader Joe's offers the salted and non-salted kind. They both are 10 grams protein and 5 grams of fiber ! I made these tonight with Mahi mahi and brown rice. I am trying to kick the new year off eating healthier dishes :-)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Edamame
Salt - dash of salt

Directions
Boil or steam Edamame of 5 mins.
Sprinkle with salt and serve. Voila! So good.

1 comment:

Shahirah Elaiza said...

My friend loves these! When we go to Japanese restaurant this is all she orders, just bowls and bowls of edamame lol.