Omg these were so awesome! I had a few bananas going to waste and I hate wasting food. Wasting food is like some sort of crime ...if not it should be. So I decided to make some banana nut muffins. I used a recipe from all recipes then added a few key ingredients to make it delish! These turned out really really good. Perfect for brunch or dessert even. The chocolate chips are not part of the original recipe but give the muffins a nice chocolaty kick.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teas. cinnamon
- 1 teas. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Almond extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (6-7 bananas)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- *For extra yumminess place cream cheese squares in middle on each muffin then add more batter to cover.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.