Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lebanese Rice and Shish Tahouk Chicken


Lebanese Rice and Shish Tahouk Chicken
This rice was super easy and so good.

1/4 c. oil
1 c. vermicelli noodles
4 1/2 c. water
4 bouillon cubes (chicken or beef)
2 c. Basmati rice

Crush vermicelli noodles and pour in pot with oil. On medium heat, stir continuously until browned. Pour water into pot. Cook on high until water boils. Stir in bouillon cubes and rice. Cover pan. Cook on medium for 10 minutes, then on low for 5 minutes. Take cover off and stir. I made this with only 3 Bouillon cubes because that was all that I had and used authentic imported noodles, don't know the brand package was not in English. It turned out great. The guy at the meat market recommended the imported brand over other vermicelli for this type of rice for better quality. I also used about 1/3 cup slivered almonds in the rice . And browned it with the noodles.

The
Shish Tahouk Chicken I found this delicious easy recipe on one of my favorite blogs Taste Buddies
4 chicken breasts
6 crushed garlic cloves
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
Cut the chicken into thin strips. Mix the ingredients and add the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. The original recipe from taste buddies is for if you want to grill the chicken with skewers. Well , its December so instead of freezing outside I decided to nix the skewers step and use my George forman grill instead. I refrigerated the chicken for 2 hours then cooked on the George forman. Lots of flavor , next time I probably will let it marinate over night but it was still really good.

No comments: