Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chicken Bryan ..like Carrabba's


Ok, so I love , love, love Carrabba's. My favorite dish of theirs is the Chicken Bryan. Its been a long time since I've had it from there so I decided to try to make it myself. After googling a bit found this awesome site Robbies copy cat recipes
They have recipes for almost any restaurant you can think of. So I decided to make this. Well , actually I made this about a month ago and I have been busy and a little lazy so just uploaded the pictures from my camera. Anyhoo... This turned out great. Only thing I did differently was add a lot of extra goat cheese and the sun dried tomato basil sauce on top. Sometimes restaurants get a little stingy on the extra toppings trying to save money with this whole economy crisis I guess. And gold star for me, this was my first time cooking with wine and I was really amazed at my genius culinary skills..lol recepie taste IMO just like the real thing. If your trying to save some money and want a really good Italian dinner make this yourself. I think they charge like $21 x dinner for 2 plus tip well over $50. All the ingredients cost roughly $25 tops and it makes enough for 6. Top pic is mine bottom pic from Carrabba's. I served this with Garlic red potatoes, steamed broccoli and Texas toast. (defiantly not diet friendly but soooo good) Also I used my george forman grill to grill the chicken super easy.
Calories : 540 .Calories from Fat :337


Chicken Bryan like Carrabba's®
Grilled chicken breast topped with

caprino cheese and
sun-dried tomato, basil, and lemon

butter sauce.

Serves: 6
Prep. Time: 0:55

1 Tbls. minced garlic
1 Tbls. minced yellow onion
2 Tbls. butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup cold butter - sliced
1 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. white pepper
6 boned, skinned chicken breast halves
extra virgin olive oil - for brushing
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

8 oz. caprino OR other goat cheese - room temperature



-
Sauté garlic and onion in 2 Tbls. butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
-Stir wine and lemon juice into skillet, increase heat to medium high, and simmer to reduce by half.
-Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.
-Stir in tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and white pepper; remove from heat; set aside.
-Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
-Grill chicken over hot coals 15 - 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
-A couple of minutes before chicken is done, place equal amounts of cheese on each breast
-Spoon prepared sun-dried tomato sauce over chicken.

No comments: