- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (3 ounce) fillets cod fillets
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- Coat the rack of a broiling pan with cooking spray. Place the cod on the rack, folding under any thin edges of the filets. Brush with the egg white, then spoon the crumb mixture evenly on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through