Sunday, February 15, 2009

The truth about Asparagus


Ok, so pretty much my entire life I have always stayed away from asparagus. I had only tried it once as a kid and immediately decided it was gross and vowed never to eat it again. Well ... never say never. Lately I have been making my usual veggies broccoli and spinach in heavy rotation and decided it was time to give the forbidden Asparagus another try. OMG who knew it was so good and why didn't anyone tell me? I steamed a handful of it , only a handful because I was still weary of the taste and didn't want to waste it if it was bad. I added a few dashes of Mrs.Dash spice, salt, and this yummy Olive oil butter. It was so very good. Seriously I feel jipped , like I have been missing out on asparagus my whole life. Oh well . I will be keeping this in my green veggie rotation now that I love it and am looking forward to trying out some new recipes. Stay posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

asparagus is just too stalky for me, i would like to taste yours, maybe i would change my mind.

Anonymous said...

I like asparagus. I normally eat it with my hands.

Yvonne said...

Asalaamu'alaikum Khadija,

Thanks for visiting my site (My Halal Kitchen)! I just love your eclair picture at the top- makes me want dessert right now...