Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chicken Shawarma ..umm



Ok so I had some shawarma spice on hand so decided to make some chicken breast. This was so good. Ok first I just want to say I made up this recipe so it has no real authenticity to real Lebanese shawarma besides the fact that i used shawarma spice lol . I took 2 chicken breast marinated them in 1/2 the juice of a fresh lemon, 1 tablespoon Olive oil. and covered the chicken breast in lots of shawarma spice. I let this marinate for a few hours. Then baked covered with foil untill almost done then removed the foil last 15mins. Chicken was nice and juicy. I served with steamed broccoli and brown rice. Total calories for the meal about 400 maybe less.

If you don't have a middle eastern meat market in your area that sells shawarma spice you can make your own. Its made of 1 tablespoon ground coriander 1 tablespoon ground cumin 1 tablespoon ground cardamom 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 teaspoon smoked paprika also fresh garlic to taste.

No comments: