- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets catfish
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cornmeal, cayenne pepper, paprika and onion powder. Mix well. Pour mixture onto a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour milk into a medium bowl. Dip catfish fillets into milk and hold up and let the milk drip off. Roll the milk-soaked fillet in the cornmeal mixture until completely covered. Set aside.
- Fry the garlic in the hot skillet, but do not burn. Add the coated catfish fillets and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, sprinkling salt on the fish after each turn. Cook until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.