Yum yum and then some. This meal was super easy, quick and tasty. I used pre-cooked chicken, and store bought Teriyaki marinade. If you have the time to make your own marinade here is a simple recipe that I've used before that is pretty awesome. But since finals were coming up I went with the bottle.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2-cups chicken cut up
- 2 cups Asian vegetable medley stir-fry mix (wally world has huge bag for $5)
- Teriyaki sauce
- Basmati rice 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon Garlic ginger paste (from local Indian market)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon EVOO
Make small pot of rice ~set aside.
Saute chicken in EVOO , add garlic ginger paste, bell pepper, onion, spices, and cook until chicken is done. Add veggies and Teriyaki sauce, cook another 10mins until veggies are done. Serve over rice. Viola. Using precooked chicken and marinade this only takes about 20-25mins tops. Enjoy!