I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile now but have kept forgetting to get the cheese. I saw thing awhile back on Mollys blog, who got if from Monica's blog who originally got if from Lindsay. .. I did modify the recipe a bit and I loved how it turned out. My husband loved it.
I doubled the recipe I for 4 chicken breast.
* 4 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally 3/4 of the way through (so you can stuff the inside)
* 4 wedges Laughing Cow light cheese (one per breast)
* Italian seasoning to taste
* 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs (we used seasoned)
* Handful grated parmesan cheese
* Cooking spray(I added the last 3 ingredients they're not called for in original recipe )
* 3 slices cooked bacon diced
* salt pepper to taste
* Garlic powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Open each chicken breast up and spread one wedge of Laughing Cow inside the middle I used 1 1/2 per chicken breast, Then topped with the diced bacon, Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder inside to taste. Fold chicken back over to original shape.
3. Mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Spray each chicken breast with cooking spray and then dip in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet.4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
*I also added a little Garlic powder to the Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese mix before i coated the chicken. Was sooooo good I served it with mashed potatoes and spinach :-)