- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup prepared sweet corn salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey jack and or Cheddar
- fajita season or taco seasoning mix
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add chicken and saute 5 minutes,Add taco seasoning mix , cook until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
In 2nd pan .stir in black beans, and salsa and simmer 5 minutes, until sauce thickens and reduces. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with an equal amount of chicken mixture, and black beans, add cheese. Coat shallow baking dish with enchilada sauce. Roll up tortillas and place side by side in a shallow baking dish. Top tortillas with Enchiladas sauce and shredded cheese (1/3 cup per tortilla).
Bake enchiladas 15 minutes, until cheese is golden and gooey!