Wednesday, March 31, 2010
This salad was so good. I wanted a new salad from the usual boring tossed salad mix so decided to buy a new dressing and try out some flavor combination ...wow this was amazing I am like some salad genius. There should be some best salad award named after me, that's how good this salad is. This salad is a really good kick off to spring, its light and fresh and sweet. The pear Gorgonzola dressing is the perfect combination with the strawberries and pecans.
4 ripe strawberries
handful of dried cranberries
crumbled goat cheese
Dressing Trader Joes Pear vinaigrette
Toss all the ingredients in one large bowl and serve fresh with Pear dressing.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Because I don't have a personal assistant and refuse to eat fast food my slowcooker has become my new favorite little helper. Any busy girl needs a slow cooker, it's a must. We eat lamb stroganoff pretty often and love it so I wanted to see about a chicken stroganoff recipe. The recipe calls for chicken breast, but I made with a whole chicken, next time I will use chicken breast so I wont have to worry abut the bones. Right before serving I sauteed fresh mushrooms and onions in EVOO and garlic and added to the dish. So delicious! I found this recipe at all recipes but it is pretty basic so I added a few things.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 small potatoes cut up
- garlic power , salt, pepper to taste
- 1/3 pack of lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix, spices, onion soup mix, potatoes, in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
- Before serving, saute garlic, mushrooms and onion in olive oil until golden brown then mix into crock pot.
- serve over rice or noodles.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
This meal was delish. Here is a quick easy and delicious recipe for garlic mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.
- 8 large potatoes cubed
- 1 can chicken broth or bouillon cube
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sourcream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-5 garlic cloves crushed
Ok, so it has been quite awhile since I have posted to my blog mid February to be exact. So I figured now is a good time as ever to finally give some updates. These cookies are most defiantly blog worthy so I had to share them. They are so good and so soft, and they bake up nice and big and thick. I think the only thing I will do next time is add walnuts. This recipe makes for 72 cookies so if your not as greedy half it for less. The key with this recipe is the vanilla pudding. Make sure you mix it dry. Do not attempt to make the pudding then add to the mix, just put in in dry and viola! Amazing chocolate goodness.